A Homemade Recipe for A Happy Wife

The other day someone asked my husband a very interesting question. They said: “Your wife seems to smile all the time. How do you keep her so happy?” Now, he laughed at first, because he knows good and well there is no such thing as a wife who’s happy wife 24/7, but then he took a stab at giving them what he felt was a sufficient answer. He wants to post a video blog about what he said, so I’ll hold on going into it for now. However, I would like to share what I think the recipe for a happy wife is.

Wives, send this to the hubby if you agree. Men, listen up (even if you’re not married yet!). This is how my husband makes me happy — and as most of you can see, I smile a lot. Okay, let’s do this!

Recipe For A Happy Wife

Ingredient List:

Love
Honesty
Support
Patience
Respect
Trust
Joy
Faith
Sex

Directions:

1. Begin with love. She’ll want your unconditionally, even on her worst days.
  2. Trust in her and the decisions she makes with and for you and herself. No wife wants to feel like you’re suspicious of her thoughts and actions. If you want her trust you must give her yours.
  3. Have faith in your marriage and your future together. Not believing in your success as a unite is the fastest way to put a frown on her wife.
  4. Share your joy with her and make sure she has her own to share. A healthy relationship needs happiness as much as it needs love. Consider it the oxygen and water she’ll need to survive the hardest of days.
  5. Respect her mind, her body, and her decisions. No woman who feels disrespected can truly let her light shine.
  6. Be patient with her. No one is perfect – not even you – so don’t judge her more harshly than you would judge yourself. Mix the patience with the trust and the honesty and you will create a thick layer of communication within your marriage that she’ll depend on, appreciate and cherish.
  7. Support her goals and dreams the way you would your own – all of them; from the big ones, like getting a degree or starting a new career, right on down to the small seemingly insignificant ones like saving up for a new pair or shoes or a ladies’ trip. Wives like to know that they’re on a winning team and winners support and love their teammates.
  8. Be 100 percent honest with her, even when the truth will hurt. She’d rather hear how you really feel than to hear nothing at all; and she’d rather her your opinions from your mouth instead of someone else’s.
  9. Make sex a priority in your marriage, too. She won’t always be in the mood for love, — it happens! – but she’ll notice a loveless marriage and it will not make her smile.

Ladies, or gentleman, what would you add or change in this recipe? As always, your feedback is valuable and welcome!

This entry was posted in Hot Topics, Lists to Live By, Married Life, The Wife's Scrapbook and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

34 Responses to A Homemade Recipe for A Happy Wife

1. Ande Lyons says:

LOVE THIS recipe book! It definitely has every ingredient for the Happy Wife… thank you!!

@AndeLyons
    @BringBackDesire
    My recent post ♥ Happy Mother’s Day ♥

2. Couldn't agree more! Rinse and repeat!
    My recent post Handling Sick Parents

3. lianemarkus says:

This is a great and unique recipe to us. I hope all husband's out there will be able to see and realize how important this is to their wives. Thanks for sharing and the recipes are all thoughtful and easy to gather if husband's know how to love their wives and make them happy.
    My recent post military shop. Israeli army shop

4. Laura says:

Is there any intentionial with the fact that sex comes to the very end of the list? :)
    My recent post Beer and toothache through London

5. cassandre says:

i love a good recipe.. thanks for sharing..

6. theprivateman says:

Let's hope there is a recipe book for a happy husband. He's the one who leads the relationship.

7. Chasing Joy says:

I love this recipe. Look forward to seeing hubby's vidoe blog And I too would like to see the recipe for a happy husband.
    My recent post Are You Your Own Biggest Fan???

8. Grete says:

I think I'm going to print it out and put it on the desk of my husband:) He thinks he is a good chef so I think he is always interested in some good recipes…
    My recent post Mein erster Eintrag

9. Bella says:

Wow, it's hard to find a husband like that. How many years have you been married? Thank you very much for sharing this idea and I think this recipe is a really good way to build a strong relationship. And I believe trust, love and faith are one of the most essential ingredients.

10. Bailey says:

I truly love this post and I can totally relate to this. What other things do you do together that made you have this strong relationship? Thanks a lot for posting this list if ingredients. Happy Mother's Day!
    My recent post website

11. Pingback: A Homemade Recipe for A Happy Wife | Black and Married With Kids.com - A Positive Image of Marriage and Family

12. Rhonda Childress says:

The husband should be sensitive to her needs as it relates to her emotional side. he should have a listening ear, not a fix it ear.

13. John says:

What is usually wrong with articles such as this is that it is often one-sided and incomplete. It appears that the man is expected to do everything to make his marriage work. I was expecting to see a link to “A Homemade Recipe for a Happy Husband”. But it’s nowhere to be found.

Ladies, the feminist movement has changed the equation. You know what I mean. SO, in the name of equality, let’s see the part 2 of this blogpost.

John, I totally agree that there are two sides to every story, but as a wife it's not my job to tell you what a man wants. Men should do that. If I'm a woman, writing on a blog for women, about what women think and feel, that's what I'm going to share. Last i checked, there are plenty of men on the web with blogs devoted to a man's perspective on dating/love/marriage/sex — why not seek that content there? You can't go into the grocery store and expect to find electronics….just saying…but thanks for reading and commenting. We appreciate all opinions.

14. Happiness says:

Happiness comes to them who opens their door for small treats that life provides to them. So be happy and live longer!

15. In America there is so much advanced system is present. Student don’t even think there is a teacher in the class they are very much frank with the teacher. They don’t even have any fear of teachers.

16. Couldn't agree more! Rinse and repeat!
    My recent post

17. stockmarketweb says:

Promptly this url might unquestionably end up legendary in between every writing many people, due to the meticulous articles and reviews and ratings.read more

18. stockmarketweb says:

Fairly quickly this incredible website should irrefutably come to be recognized within all of the weblog most people, for the diligent articles or reviews or possibly feedback.click here

19. David says:

This is certainly as well a really good posting we seriously experienced looking through. It is far from on a daily basis we have risk to check out a little something.weblink

20. NIRMALAKIM says:

There are lots of dissertation internet websites on the internet when you find unsurprisingly described as part of your web page.geometry dash meltdown

21. Davidq qq says:

I just gazed all the way up your website just because May very well been told such a lot of on the subject of a items. college papers online

22. aliakhan says:

I got what you mean , thanks for posting .Woh I am happy to this website through google.Invisalign Edmonton

23. alia khan says:

Wow what a Great Information World Day its very nice informative post. thanks for the post.
    Emergency Dentist Calgary

24. HassanHamayun says:

Building this business is often a fun on the other hand challenging getaway. My Firm journey were only available in 1998 and also 15 decades later, I have discovered that in order to to build a successful business is to use a Target. In simple fact, I feel that a business without having purpose is usually a business that’s destined so as to fail. http://www.growingruralbusinesses.org

25. HassanHamayun says:

While it involves your small business travel everyone should know that this type of comes write from a bottom series, but to ensure good buyer relations it is something you will want to do. Probably the commonest actions is to utilize a firm travel manager to keep up all your small business travel strategies. http://www.vfhotel.org

26. HassanHamayun says:

Paris is just about the best places you'll be able to ever check out. If you would like the best in the greatest, on an excellent, intriguing and also romantic spot, then Paris need to be right towards the top of your listing. There are a great deal of interesting attractions throughout the city that will you’ll surely employ a fantastic time on the stay at this time there. http://www.hotel-in-paris.org

27. HassanHamayun says:

28. alia khan says:

Great article Lot's of information to Read… Great Man Keep Posting and update to People..Thanks Cheap Braces Airdrie

29. alia khan says:

Thank you very much and will look for more postings from you. Security System Providers In Plantation

30. peza zone says:

what an informative info… thanks for sharing your recipe

31. AKEX says:

Thanks so much for sharing this awesome info! I am looking forward to see more postsby you!Christmas carols

32. AKEX says:

I have a hard time describing my thoughts on content, but I really felt I should here. Your article is really great. I like the way you wrote this information.ליווי עיסקי