A Homemade Recipe for A Happy Wife

The other day someone asked my husband a very interesting question. They said: “Your wife seems to smile all the time. How do you keep her so happy?” Now, he laughed at first, because he knows good and well there is no such thing as a wife who’s happy wife 24/7, but then he took a stab at giving them what he felt was a sufficient answer. He wants to post a video blog about what he said, so I’ll hold on going into it for now. However, I would like to share what I think the recipe for a happy wife is.

Wives, send this to the hubby if you agree. Men, listen up (even if you’re not married yet!). This is how my husband makes me happy — and as most of you can see, I smile a lot. Okay, let’s do this!

Recipe For A Happy Wife

Ingredient List:

Love
Honesty
Support
Patience
Respect
Trust
Joy
Faith
Sex

Directions:

1. Begin with love. She’ll want your unconditionally, even on her worst days.
  2. Trust in her and the decisions she makes with and for you and herself. No wife wants to feel like you’re suspicious of her thoughts and actions. If you want her trust you must give her yours.
  3. Have faith in your marriage and your future together. Not believing in your success as a unite is the fastest way to put a frown on her wife.
  4. Share your joy with her and make sure she has her own to share. A healthy relationship needs happiness as much as it needs love. Consider it the oxygen and water she’ll need to survive the hardest of days.
  5. Respect her mind, her body, and her decisions. No woman who feels disrespected can truly let her light shine.
  6. Be patient with her. No one is perfect – not even you – so don’t judge her more harshly than you would judge yourself. Mix the patience with the trust and the honesty and you will create a thick layer of communication within your marriage that she’ll depend on, appreciate and cherish.
  7. Support her goals and dreams the way you would your own – all of them; from the big ones, like getting a degree or starting a new career, right on down to the small seemingly insignificant ones like saving up for a new pair or shoes or a ladies’ trip. Wives like to know that they’re on a winning team and winners support and love their teammates.
  8. Be 100 percent honest with her, even when the truth will hurt. She’d rather hear how you really feel than to hear nothing at all; and she’d rather her your opinions from your mouth instead of someone else’s.
  9. Make sex a priority in your marriage, too. She won’t always be in the mood for love, — it happens! – but she’ll notice a loveless marriage and it will not make her smile.

Ladies, or gentleman, what would you add or change in this recipe? As always, your feedback is valuable and welcome!

This entry was posted in Hot Topics, Lists to Live By, Married Life, The Wife's Scrapbook and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

16 Responses to A Homemade Recipe for A Happy Wife

1. Ande Lyons says:

LOVE THIS recipe book! It definitely has every ingredient for the Happy Wife… thank you!!

@AndeLyons
    @BringBackDesire
    My recent post ♥ Happy Mother’s Day ♥

2. Couldn't agree more! Rinse and repeat!
    My recent post Handling Sick Parents

3. lianemarkus says:

This is a great and unique recipe to us. I hope all husband's out there will be able to see and realize how important this is to their wives. Thanks for sharing and the recipes are all thoughtful and easy to gather if husband's know how to love their wives and make them happy.
    My recent post military shop. Israeli army shop

4. Laura says:

Is there any intentionial with the fact that sex comes to the very end of the list? :)
    My recent post Beer and toothache through London

5. cassandre says:

i love a good recipe.. thanks for sharing..

6. theprivateman says:

Let's hope there is a recipe book for a happy husband. He's the one who leads the relationship.

7. Chasing Joy says:

I love this recipe. Look forward to seeing hubby's vidoe blog And I too would like to see the recipe for a happy husband.
    My recent post Are You Your Own Biggest Fan???

8. Grete says:

I think I'm going to print it out and put it on the desk of my husband:) He thinks he is a good chef so I think he is always interested in some good recipes…
    My recent post Mein erster Eintrag

9. Bella says:

Wow, it's hard to find a husband like that. How many years have you been married? Thank you very much for sharing this idea and I think this recipe is a really good way to build a strong relationship. And I believe trust, love and faith are one of the most essential ingredients.

10. Bailey says:

I truly love this post and I can totally relate to this. What other things do you do together that made you have this strong relationship? Thanks a lot for posting this list if ingredients. Happy Mother's Day!
    My recent post website

11. Pingback: A Homemade Recipe for A Happy Wife | Black and Married With Kids.com - A Positive Image of Marriage and Family

12. Rhonda Childress says:

The husband should be sensitive to her needs as it relates to her emotional side. he should have a listening ear, not a fix it ear.

13. John says:

What is usually wrong with articles such as this is that it is often one-sided and incomplete. It appears that the man is expected to do everything to make his marriage work. I was expecting to see a link to “A Homemade Recipe for a Happy Husband”. But it’s nowhere to be found.

Ladies, the feminist movement has changed the equation. You know what I mean. SO, in the name of equality, let’s see the part 2 of this blogpost.

John, I totally agree that there are two sides to every story, but as a wife it's not my job to tell you what a man wants. Men should do that. If I'm a woman, writing on a blog for women, about what women think and feel, that's what I'm going to share. Last i checked, there are plenty of men on the web with blogs devoted to a man's perspective on dating/love/marriage/sex — why not seek that content there? You can't go into the grocery store and expect to find electronics….just saying…but thanks for reading and commenting. We appreciate all opinions.

14. Happiness says:

Happiness comes to them who opens their door for small treats that life provides to them. So be happy and live longer!