True Wedding Story: Our Purple Black and White Dream Wedding Details Revealed

purple wedding lighting at stonehouse at stirling ridge new jesey

Our big entrance and big moment on our big night.

Like most tech-savvy brides these days, as soon as I got my hands on all my wedding photos, I put my favorites up onFacebook. In the weeks that followed lots of congratulatory e-mails came into my inbox – many of them complimentary. A lot of my friends wanted to know details on vendors and décor. It was a pleasant surprise. I’m truly flattered that so many people found our wedding to be as beautiful as we did. It was exactly what we wanted and my vision came to life. The fact that it was a hit with our guest too was really the icing on our (wedding!) cake. So, for all of you out there who want the lowdown on my wedding details, here you go! (Plus, awesome pictures of course!)

The vision: After spending weeks playing with color palettes, I decided on purple black and white as my wedding colors. We wanted a modern design that would complement our white brick loft reception space but also hold its own against the outdoor fall foliage on our ceremony terrace. To be honest, I was inspired by our bathroom, if you can believe it. Our shower curtain is a lovely black and white damask pattern that I’ve always loved. It’s romantic and classic, yet it doesn’t actually feel that old school. I was just staring at it one day and it hit me: We’re going to have a damask themed wedding, and what better color to complement the damask in the fall then a deep purple? And so our theme and colors were born. What followed were months of scouring the web and the aisles of Home Goods and Michaels for unique wedding ideas that worked, and more brainstorming meetings with my wedding planner Kathy Romero (of Concepts in Bloom) than she probably bargained for. But somehow it all came together – fabulously! Here’s a recap of our purple, black, and white damask (fall!) wedding, the details behind the magic, and the vendors behind the amazing details.

Pre-Ceremony Fun

bridesmaid hoodies bride hoodie fall wedding

I adored my "something blue" shoes.

I purchased fitted bridal hoodies with crystal details from Just Jen for me and my bridesmaids to wear the morning of, and they all say they fit well and were super comfy. I also designed custom bridesmaid tank tops for the girls that read “Team Bride” and their names, wedding roles, and date. I got similar shirts for the guys (not shown here!) Both custom designs came from BridalPartyTees.com. All of my bridal jewelry came from Haute Bride and I snagged my something blue Martinez Valero stilettos on sale from Zappos.com. They’re no longer available but you can find them here if you’re on the hunt. I ordered custom hangers as keepsakes for me and the girls from BudgetBoutique on Etsy.com.

The Bridal Party

purple bridesmaids fall wedding purple black and whit wedding

This moment was so much more fun than we even could have imagined. It was the perfect day!

black and white fall wedding stonehouse at stirling ridge

Our first look at each other right before the ceremony. Screw tradition, we just had to be together before the big moment. Ha!

purple black and white fall wedding new jersey purple bridesmaids

Cheers!

I wore the Adele gown by Amsale and Gibran wore a European-cut Calvin Klein suit. My fabulous bridesmaids and maid of honor (who I’ve known since I was nine!) wore flat taffeta strapless ballgowns from Priscilla of Boston (style #1610) in Blackberry. The handsome groomsman and best man wore Calvin Klein suits from Dante Zeller. (Who is the only tuxedo shop out there that lets you try on the looks before you decide, by the way.) Here’s a look at our super fun pre-ceremony photo shoot at Pleasant Valley Park in Basking Ridge, NJ. (Note: Custom Monogrammed wedding parasol from IDoOriginals on Etsy.com and black and white parasols from TheKnot.com’s Wedding Shop.)

Ceremony Details

damask wedding details purple and white wedding ceremony outdoor wedding new jersey

Our handmade wedding details.

One of my favorite things about the ceremony was that almost every detail was handmade. Now, I’m not DIY diva so I called in the experts at Etsy.com to save me.
Custom paper cones: OrangeBlossom on Etsy.com; Custom wedding sign: Our Hobby to Your Home on Etsy.com; custom moss wedding letter: Special Occasion Design on Etsy.com; White hydrangea displays and vases: Concepts in Bloom.

Unity and memorial candles: Candle Couture by Leigh-Ann Kline on Etsy.com; Custom wedding aisle runner: The Original Runner Co.; Mini paper poms: OrangeKisses on Etsy.com; Reserved seating signs: Pinecones from Michaels and Signs from Party City; Wedding broom: AKZMeDesigns on Etsy.com; Custom programs: Olive Branch Papery; Custom flower girl dress: Beane & Co.; RIng Bearer Pillow: Michael Angela (our actual pillow is their latest advertisement – so cool!) Wedidng officiant: April Beer.

black and white damask wedding ceremony outdoor wedding purple wedding

More handmade goodness from our wedding.

purple and white outdoor wedding fall wedding purple bridesmaids damask wedding

By far the sweetest moment of my life thus far! (And The Dog made an appearance!)

Reception Details

damask wedding reception white rose centerpiece ideas purple wedding lighting

The damask table clothes were one of my favorite details!

wedding dessert table purple and damask wedding ideas

The surprise dessert tabe on the way out was a real "treat" for guests. We're still getting calls about how yummy the sweets were. Though we never got to taste any

Custom wedding cake: Rudy’s Pastry Shop; Custom wedding guestbook: Woodberry Design Studio; Wedding photo booth stick props: Signs (Maro Designs), Pink mustaches (Whisker Works), Assorted Stick props (Little Retreats); Custom favor box labels: Designs Squared; Dessert Table Favors and Design: Treats In a Box; Purple dessert boxes: Ebay.com; Monogrammed L-O-V-E mugs: Anthropologie; Purple lighting, percussionist, and saxophone player: DTR Entertainment (ask for Dave!); Custom Gobo design: Olive Branch Papery.

purple wedding reception at the stonehouse at stirling ridge charli and gibran

Another great moment: crying in my dad's arms while we dances to Whitney Houston's "One Moment In Time" -- tissues, please!

damask wedding DIY wedding photo booth idea stick photo props

The biggest hit of the night, by far. There was actually a line for it most of the night. And the memories are priceless keepsakes for us.

All fabulous photo credits go to Diana and Jeff of Di Bezi Photography

I want to extend one more very special thank you to all of my fabulous vendors. You guys ROCKED!

If you want details on anything or anyone else, just send me an e-mail through the blog. I’d be happy to help.

Enhanced by Zemanta
This entry was posted in The Big Things, Wedding Eye Candy and tagged , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

32 Responses to True Wedding Story: Our Purple Black and White Dream Wedding Details Revealed

1. Flo says:

You guys were so beautiful!

2. Coley Cole says:

Wow, everything was beautiful! Good job girlie!

3. Yury says:

OMG Charlie Congrats on everything your wedding photos look great. Im getting married in May and our ideas are literally identical except im doing yellow black and white(damask). Good Luck and wishing you the best. Congrats!

4. So much fun!!!! I love all the beautiful colors and and all your friends and family look like they are having a wonderful time.

Thank you so much for using Our Hobby to Your Home for your Thank You and your Directional signage. You were wonderful to work with.

Good Luck to you and Gibran!

5. Angela Scott says:

Wow what a fabulous wedding! You put so much effort and thought into every detail and your photos are just amazing! Truly one of the best and I just love the colors. By the way I just bookmarked your blog I love it!

6. Johanna says:

Wow you thought of every little detail and it made for an amazing day! I especially loved the customed wedding party clothes and the purple "glow" on the dancefloor…how magical!

7. Pingback: 6 Unique Holiday Gift Ideas For Your Husband (That I Am Thinking About Getting Mine!) | Man Wife And Dog Blog

8. Pingback: Our Wedding is Featured on BlackBridalBliss.com Today | Man Wife And Dog Blog

9. Pingback: This Week In Our Marriage: We Forgot to Make Time For Each Other | Man Wife And Dog Blog

10. Amy says:

Wow! What a gorgeous concept, and wedding! I just love your brides maids dresses, I have an upscale event to attend, and have tried to order this dress from Pricilla, but the time it takes to get the dress is very discouraging…are any of your brides maids interesting in selling one of their gowns? Please e-mail me if any of them are. I have a fabulous seamstress, so the size will not be much of an issue.

11. Lakisha says:

Super-cool! Looks like everyone had an awesome time! Very beautiful!

12. Jessica says:

Your wedding was beautiful. Kinda makes me want to get married (the wedding was only 2 weeks ago, lol) all over again just because I've gotten some ideas for another wedding. Absolutely beautiful.

13. Shon Harris says:

I saw your wedding on the internet as I was searching and it was beautiful.. congratulations and a life time of blessings

14. alovelydai says:

Cutest. Wedding. Ever!!!!!!! I especially love the picture line up with the black & white background & little catch phrase flags!!! Awww I want a wedding do -over!!
    My recent post What I Eat Shouldnt Make You Poop

15. Kim blaine says:

I loved all the details in your wedding. I wanted to know where was your reception held.

16. Tomeka W says:

Beautiful!!!!!!!!!!

17. donnessa jackson says:

your wedding looked wonderfull,may god bless you

18. I savor, result in I discovered exactly what I used to be taking a look for. You’ve ended my four day lengthy hunt! God Bless you man. Have a nice day. Bye

19. Marcella says:

i love your motif! it's gorgeous and so do you and your wedding :)
    My recent post black mould testing

20. melissa says:

Beautiful wedding!! and one of the most beautiful brides I have ever laid eyes upon! THANK YOU for posting this, this blog has given me so much inspiration for my very own wedding. This blog and this site: <a&gt <a href="http://;http://www.micah-jones.com” target=”_blank”>;http://www.micah-jones.com have the most amazing and creative wedding details! thanks again!

21. shaun says:

hey, beautiful wedding….. my wedding is purple, black and cream. so, and idea of my wedding. you and your husband look so wonderful together!! congrats!!!

22. christine says:

Your wedding is absolutely beautiful!! Alot like what im looking for… my colors r black and white, damask, and purple accent…. quick question for you… did you find it difficult to match the damask pattern…they seem to vary from one item to another. If you do have patterns that vary is it noticable? Thanks so much for you time. Again your pictures are absolutley breathtaking… i hope my wedding photos come out half as nice.

23. Lauren says:

Great photos! Who did your Photobooth? Thanks!

24. Christine says:

Awesome photos! Congratulations! Just wondering what did you give to your guest as giveaways? Im having tr same theme on my wedding this december. Any ideas..?

We wanted to give our guests something they'd enjoy and not throw away when they got home so we decided to surprise them with sweets on the way out. We had custom dessert boxes with our wedding date and names on them waiting as they walked out, then they turned to see a giant table filled with sweets galore. There were macaroons, chocolate chip cookies, brownies, sugar cookies, cupcakes, cheesecake drops, candy, and more. Most people were still a little tipsy, so we hear it was the "best surprise ever", and it was so fun hearing about how people filled their boxes with delicious treats and enjoyed our "love sweet love" on the way home. ;-)

Congrats on your upcoming wedding!

25. Melissa says:

Thanks for sharing your day! You did a fabulous job with so much detail. Wishing you a lifetime of Happiness<3

26. Just fabulous. And the reception pictures are to die for… Great color scheme

My recent post

27. teia says:

where did you get the table centerpieces?

28. I’d just like to say that your wedding was absolutely beautiful. I am not the biggest fan of purple, unless I’m supporting my school K-State, but I just adored your color scheme. Loved all the pictures yoo. Actually, I was sad when they came to an end. Coordinating a wedding this coming Halloween weekend and making a photo booth for the bride & groom myself, just because they are too costly… This is how I came across your blog (DIY Photo Booth google search)… I am simply amazed at what you did for your own wedding and if I may make a suggestion… You have a knack for event planning and should really do it as a business. That is, if that’s not what you do. I’d hire you for my event

29. Howdy! This is kind of off topic but I need some help from an established blog.
    Is it tough to set up your own blog? I’m not very techincal but I can figure things out pretty fast.

I’m thinking about creating my own but I’m not sure
    where to begin. Do you have any points or suggestions?
    Cheers