Busted: 10 (Funny!) Things I’ve Caught My Husband Doing

Never mind the kids – men say and do the darndest things too! Here’s a sampling of some of the crazy/silly/funny/just-down-right-wrong things I’ve busted my husband doing recently. Fee free to read and laugh along!

1. Sneaking leftovers in the corner of the kitchen in the middle of the night. (Usually the ones I neatly packed away in a container to take to work.) When I catch him he tries to act like he was just getting some milk.

2. Stealing my fuzzy Christmas socks when he woke up late and couldn’t find two of his own that match.

3. Checking out the lady with the gigantic butt in IKEA, only for me to catch him doing it and call him on it and he say, “I thought I knew her from somewhere.”

4. Trying to cut the extremely long line on Saturday morning at Dunkin Donuts by telling people he has to rush and pick up his kids up from gymnastics class – we have no kids yet.

5. Googling “how to win a fight with your wife” – true story. Google history can tell you a lot in a marriage!

6. Using a Scattegories game box to hold up one side of the couch to fool me into thinking he fixed it like he said he would, so he can buy himself another day.

7. Singing Michael Jackson’s Beat It in the shower – loudly – when he didn’t know I’d come home.

8. Trying to teach the dog to bring him his car keys. (Never gonna happen!)

9. Calling the pharmacist to ask if it’s “really that dangerous to drink while on the medication” he’s taking after I throw out his beer. (I can’t make this stuff up!)

10. Stockpiling water bottles and canned food in the trunks of our cars “in case shit goes down” any time we watched an end-of-the-world type movie the night before.

Is your husband this crazy? Do share!

This entry was posted in Hot Topics, Married Life, My Husband's Bright Ideas, Wife Gripes. Bookmark the permalink.

15 Responses to Busted: 10 (Funny!) Things I’ve Caught My Husband Doing

1. I can definitely relate to numbers 1, 3 and 5.

Let's see… my hubby likes to do his "Michael Jordan moves" when he puts on his Nike workout gear. Then he acts like he was just stretching in the mirror when I walk in the room. Um, do you boo! Don't mind me! lol
    My recent post The Heat is On

Trying to picture those MJ moves! Hilarious!! They really get into their zone don't they? You can relate to 5 too?!? What was he googing exactly?

2. Lemuel says:

Haha! He's the man!
    My recent post Simple Marriage

3. Nicole @halfbuzzedhostes.com says:

Love this! I catch my husband standing in front of the mirror, shirtless, and flexing! It’s hysterical.

Ha! I know that one too. My husband goes to the mirror to flex and check out his "progress" between sets of push ups and pull ups. I'm like, "I don't think it's supposed to work that fast, babe!" He is fully committed to his workouts and totally in love with his upper body. #men

4. Thank, Q says:

LOL! I've been caught definitely on #3. You'd be surprised at how recognizable some butts are, Charli! :)
    My recent post @SarayuRao for @NBCSNL!

Shame on you Q!! LOL! Just kidding — I honestly don't care it he looks. Just don't break your neck buddy — jeez!

• Thank, Q says:

Yeah, we men have to work on being subtle. I'm not a gawker which is why I'm probably still alive. Most (sensible) women don't care if a man looks as long as he keeps his tongue in his mouth and his jaw off of the floor. :)
        My recent post @SarayuRao for @NBCSNL!

5. Mimi says:

He is going to get you! Funny he stole your socks. I'm the sock snatcher around here.

My husband is good for coming in the house fussing about something and two seconds later mushing over us. You know I love y'all. Y'all are the best thing that ever happened to me etc…I tease him and say you are one sensitive thug!
    My recent post Anatomically Speaking

6. Quiana says:

My recent post A Few Things

7. LOL these are hilarious. My hubby sings/dances to MJ unapologetically. I've caught him sneaking leftovers plenty of times too.
    My recent post Ease into Cooking – Advice from Someone Else’s Mother

8. Belle says:

Funny, funny. Love it. Now for the gawking, no way. If you've found the love of your life….why are you still looking? We all notice others, but to gawk….

9. Education is the ability to feel the pain and pleasure of others at right moment. It is the source to motivate others when they become demotivated and disappointed in any sphere of life.

10. Too too funny! My hubby tried to brine a chicken in our punch bowl – a gift from our wedding – and shattered the whole thing. He could have swept it up before I came home to discover it but he left the shattered mess for me to see and explained the whole situation with a sad face. I could not get angry, but I am still confused to this day why he thought it was a good idea!
    My recent post