Meet A Wife Mondays: NYC Mom Quiana Stops By

Harlem Love Birds on Meet A Wife MondaysNow as you know, a lot of things inspire me to want to keep my marriage healthy and happy. One of them is meeting other wives who are making it work every day, and loving it! I knew quite a few before I said “I do”, and since Man Wife and Dog Blog was born I’ve met so many more. They’re all so fabulous I want you to meet them too. This week meet fab New York wife and mommy Quiana from Harlem Love Birds and her man!

The Wife: Quiana, 30

The Man: Uka, 30

But You Can Call Them: The Agbais

How She Snagged Him: “A real life Love and Basketball experience that spanned 10 years.”

Married Since: 6.26.09

The Kid: Virginia “Nia”, 1 year old

Place They Call Home: Harlem

How She Pays the Bills: Budding entrepreneur

How He Pays the Bills: Finance

What Makes Her Man Hot: “His humor, smile and height (6’8″!)”

A Wife Highlight: “We’ve known each other our entire adulthood, and no one knows me like he does; I love being with my best friend everyday!”

A Wife Gripe: “He’s not a planner like I am – more of a free spirit, but I’m learning to appreciate this.”

Marriage Mantra: “Sometimes you just gotta shut up and pray (courtesy of The Power of a Praying Wife).”

The 2-Year Plan: “Launch our own business and continue to save big time so we can own a home.”

Wifey Wisdom: “Pre-marital classes are a must! Too many brides-to-be focus on planning the wedding and not the marriage.”

Enjoyed getting to know Quiana and her family? Follow along with their journey over on her fab blog here.

This entry was posted in Married Life, Meet A Wife Mondays and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to Meet A Wife Mondays: NYC Mom Quiana Stops By

1. Ariane says:

LOVE love this!! They're so beautiful! "sometimes you just gotta shutup and pray!"

2. Kendra says:

awwww!! i adore this!!

3. Kimberly says:

They are so cute! Great post!
    My recent post Scrappin' Sunday!

4. Bridgette says:

I LOVE this family! Partly because I'm the wife's mother :)
    I'm proud of you all. You make me smile everyday!

5. Really cute pics! I agree after 9 years of marriage, I have learned that you really do have to just shut up sometimes!! And yes, lots of prayer…..everyday!
    So great to meet you here. I also follow your blog already. :)
    My recent post If I Ruled the World – Real Talk

6. What a wonderful couple! I am now a follower of Harlem Lovebirds…
    My recent post He Want That Old Thang Back

7. So true! Pre-marital classes helped us to know what we were really in for. I highly suggest them! Great couple and beautiful little girl.
    My recent post “Move it” Monday

8. Quiana says:

Thank you everyone for the sweet comments and welcome to my new followers =)
    My recent post Time for Baby #2?

9. How beautiful! I wish we did pre-marital counseling but we can still get some counseling done.
    My recent post New York Times, Yahoo Finance and Vacations

10. This such a cute way to focus on love and marriage! What a great 'spot light'
    My recent post Magazine Sale!

Thanks! Will you be joining the lineup? We'd love to have you! If not, be sure to tell your married friends and family, okay? I'll love ya more for it!

11. Emma Cecilia says:

What are the most essential vitamins which might be taken during the pregnancy? I need to know about that because i am expecting one. Thanks