Spill It Ladies: Do You Have A Naughty Wedding Day Secret?

sherri shepherd wedding photoI know what you’re thinking: What inspired this one, Wife? Well I was researching the latest news on The View host Sherri Shepherd yesterday (I interviewed her for work – she’s a doll!) and I stumbled across this video clip about how she went commando on her wedding day. Yup, she said “I do” totally pantyless. Rumor has it the advice came from bridesmaid and good friend Niecey Nash. I love that she did it, and even more so that she fessed up to it.

It got me to reminiscing about our wedding day and whether or not I had any naughty little secrets to share. Truth is, I do. Wanna hear it? Here it goes: I was completely nerve free up until the last few minutes before our ceremony began. When the nerves finally hit me, like a freight train, I hit the bottle – well, sort of. I took three tequila shots back to back right before I walked down the aisle. I was literally downing the last one when I heard our music cue up.

For some people that’s no big deal, but for a lightweight like me it was a huge mistake. Before I could even make it to the beginning of the aisle I felt lightheaded. Add to that the shock of seeing 150 smiling faces all staring at me, and I was seriously stunned. I confess, I was a little – okay a lot – tipsy going down the aisle. People thought I was sweating because it was sunny and I was nervous, but it was all the Patron’s fault – ha!

But, not to worry, I didn’t let it ruin the moment. I was quickly sobered by the momentous magic of the moment, but when I first met The Man at the altar he winked at me and mouthed: “How many shots did you have?” (He knows all my silly expressions.) I mouthed “Three!” He then whispered: “Meet you in the bathroom after the ceremony?” LOL! We never made it there but we laughed all night about what people must have thought we were saying to each other up there. So there you have it — my naughty wedding day confession. Watch Sherri’s confession and then share yours – don’t be shy, okay? I know you have one!

This entry was posted in Hot Topics, Real Wife Confessions and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

17 Responses to Spill It Ladies: Do You Have A Naughty Wedding Day Secret?

1. Twitter Bestie says:

LOL, love it!

2. nylse says:

i cant think of anything….but this was funny
    My recent post Disappointment Does not Discriminate

3. @DeeTwoCents says:

Funny! I thought I would be the one drinking…it turns out that my dad was the one putting back glasses of champagne until I told him I was literally going to be "leaning" on him down the aisle and needed him sober..LOL!
    My recent post undefined

Ha, Danielle!! So funny! I actually had to beg Man to stay sober…he loves to drink, so for weeks I made him promise not to drink before the ceremony and I planted some "spys" in the guys suite to keep an eye on him. I even put a liquor ban on their room — NO ALCOHOL! I learned later that someone accidentally delivered the wedding after party liquor and wine box to their room so needless to say that rule was broken. They drank it ALL!! I mean every bottle…I'm surprised he made it to the ceremony

4. Krys says:

My husband and I had Justice of the Peace wedding, it was just him and I and 2 other people. I was running a little early and decided that I needed a drink! So in my wedding attire I went to the closest bar I found and sat down at the bar on the stoll ordered a beer and savored every ounce of it. Calmed my nerves, and then drove a block down and got married ;)

I'm picturing the beautiful bride at the bar in her gown with everyone looking and wondering if she's a runaway bride or not but being too cared to ask…ha! Did the bartender say anything? Great share, thank you!!

• Mrs.Leach says:

I don't really have a naughty secret but this reminded me of my wedding day. We had the reception about an hour away from the small ceremony. On the drive down we had to stop for gas. We were paying in cash so I ran, in full wedding attire, in to pay the attended while my hubby filled up the car. The man working the counter asked if we were on our way to get married. I said, "no, we just did!" and he gave us $5 towards our gas as out "first wedding gift" It might be my favorite story from the entire day :)
      My recent post Tasty Tuesday {1} ~ Curry Chicken

5. myloverswife says:

I tossed my cookies at the end of the night. Too many drinks…not enough food!

6. Life As Wife says:

My husband had just graduated from basic training (actually graduated the day after our wedding) so we hadn’t seen each other in MONTHS! We drove from our wedding to our reception and pretended to break down so we could have some alone time. We even put a donut on the car!!!

Okay, this is my new favorite confession!!! THAT IS HILARIOUS!!! How long were you two "missing"? And the donut too? Way to commit! I love, love, love it!

7. Hubby and I had "are you sure" faces up at the alter and in our pictures. We were really asking each other, but our family just thought we were joking. We were 100% serious. Not too bad.
    My recent post Marriage Chat Recap: Handling Anger and Disagreements

Ha!! Yeah as a weddings/love editor I see A LOT of "are you sure" faces in altar photos. I can always spot them. Glad you two made the right choice and thanks so much for sharing!

8. Mrs_Mommy_MD says:

LOL! This is so cute and funny!
    My recent post Grateful Friday

9. I don't really have any wedding day confessions unless you count continually obsessing that my husband wasn't going to show up at the altar. I truly had no reason to believe that he wouldn't but my mind started playing tricks on me. I kept asking people to check for him and even warned the first bridesmaid not to walk in if he wasn't standing at the altar……..
    Luckily he was there. =)
    My recent post On the Road Again

10. I.White says:

Naughty secret? I got one! I totally unzipped my husband's pants and played with "him" during the limo ride with our wedding party to our wedding dinner and all through out the dinner!
    My recent post JOY to the World

11. Process of the schools and institutes of the education are paramount and fundamental. The skills and abilities are invoked for the development and progress. It is comprehensive and interesting. The overall plan for the strategic achievement is done for the accurate and perfect mannerism.

12. JulianLeah says:

Managed to get a lot of acceptable essay or dissertation making service plan just by http://dissertationfast.org/. Document was first on the lookout for a niche site which usually previously had high quality creators so, who could quite possibly handle great essays by means of diligence and additionally skill. I stubled onto this approach throughout the best quality the amount.