Where Would You Find Your Marriage in the Dictionary?

dictionary imageBy now you know I’m all about analogies. (Remember that time I asked you what your marriage would get a ticket for if it got pulled over?) Looking at your marriage from a different perspective can sometimes be enlightening. So, here’s one for you to ponder. If you were looking for your marriage in the dictionary, where would you find it? It’s a tough one because you’ve got to narrow this answer down to one word.

Tough, I know. I struggled with this one a bit, then wound up teetering between joy, happiness, commitment, and special. Marrying my best friend has brought me so much joy and I don’t think I would enjoy life without The Man in it; yet when I think of my husband the first word that always comes to mind is happiness – even when the skies have been a little grey. Then I thought, commitment is a good one because no matter what goes on in our marriage we always got to bed committed to making sure the next day is a little better. But then special seems so fitting right now because my marriage is by far the most special part of my life, and because of that I cherish it and guard it with my all.

Stumped, I moved on to other things for a while then returned to the question. If you open a dictionary and look up the word “special” you will find our smiling mugs there. Our marriage is special because it’s filled with happiness, brings us so much joy, and we’re committed to it and each other ‘til death do us part. That’s pretty special to me.

So, tell me girls and guys, on what page will I find your union? I’ve got my dictionary ready and waiting. Think about it, and get back to me. (If you blog, you’re welcome to post your answer and share a link.)

Did you enjoy what you just read? (Awesome, I’m flattered!) Please consider liking us on Facebook, following us on Twitter, and/or subscribing so you won’t miss a thing. Thank you for reading!

This entry was posted in Love Homework, Married Life and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to Where Would You Find Your Marriage in the Dictionary?

1. VICKIE GLOVER says:

and we are blessed to be loved by GOD, our family and loved ones, to have an enormous family, to have lived through the civil rights movement and be alive to witness the 1st black president, to have the ability to still be best friends, and sharing our testimonies with the world.

I think that's the perfect word to describe you and Uncle' James' marriage. You two were a blessing to each other from day one and I love that all these years later that love is still so obvious and present. Thanks for the comment love Aunt Vicky, you just made my night!

2. TheProDiva says:

Hmmmm…..excellent question! I think my marriage, in one word, would be "extraordinary!" I honestly think our love, respect, and commitment is extraordinary. I think the fun we have with each other is extraordinary. I think the connection and bond that we have built over the years is extraordinary. I think that he an I both are extraordinary. So, that's what I'm going with….extraordinary!
    My recent post Martini Break!!!

3. I would say our word would be "companionship". My hubby is my best companion. We're best friends, partners, and lovers. We're a team through and through.
    My recent post Marriage Chat Recap: Parenting with a Purpose

4. Cam says:

I'd go back and forth between destined and blessed. I don't know if I can choose. This might turn into a post indeed! Great question!
    My recent post Little Things

5. We would have to go with "blessed". We were blessed to meet each other at the best time in our lives

6. When the one is writing the research paper, many people meet the researcher who does nothing except demotivating the researcher for research. These people are mostly called the de-motivating figures.

7. sabir says:

This is the homepage that you have been missing from time.

8. sabir says:

How can you miss this website for sims here.