Problems Married People Have: How Do You Make Up?

im sorry note make up from a fight adviceThe other day I told a friend my husband and I were having a rough week and arguing a lot and she said, “that means you’ll have a weekend full of make-up sex, so I’m actually jealous of you.” Funny enough, she shouldn’t be, because we don’t make up that way. Now, no judgments here if you and yours prefer to repair pain with passion – I believe to each it’s own. It’s just that after she said that I started thinking about exactly how we usually bounce back from a bad moment, and I realized laughter is our Band-Aid of choice.

Maybe it’s because we fell in love laughing at each other’s jokes and ways, or maybe it has something to do with the fact that we’re both pretty light-hearted by nature — I’m not quite sure– but either way I know that whenever we’re really, really upset with each other a laugh is what always makes it better. Usually it’s instant. Sometimes even the fact that we’ve been ignoring each other while in the same room for hours is just so ridiculous that one of us just burst into laughter and the other follows.

When The Man knows he’s wrong and he’s trying to make it right, he makes me laugh. When I’ve said too much or gone too far I find forgiveness with a laugh. I don’t know that we even know that we’re doing it, it’s just our way. I admit, I like it that way. Fighting or disagreeing is never fun, and when you’re doing nothing but that it can be such a heavy burden on your shoulders. Laughter lightens our load. We don’t always forget what’s happened, or what was said, but we do forgive – and laughter helps us get there. If laughter doesn’t do it, we usually either leave a note or take a nap and hope to wake up with a fresh perspective.

What’s your make-up style? How do you get past the bumps and back to smooth sailing on your road to ever after?

This entry was posted in Hot Topics, Married Life, Problems Married People Have. Bookmark the permalink.

19 Responses to Problems Married People Have: How Do You Make Up?

1. Summer says:

I don't know who you think you're kidding, but I distinctly recall being hustled out of your apartment last night because you guys had something to do (cough, cough) before bed;)

2. First of all LOL @ previous comments. ;)
    Okay, we usually make up through laughter also. Sex might be good, but I gotta get my mind back on track first and my husband knows that. So we laugh about old times, a funny movie scene, or something. Then it seems the argument really isn't as bad as we originally thought and we really don't want the other person to get hit by a train. Now once we establish this again, we can move it into the bedroom.
    My recent post What is your PURPOSE?

3. Claudia says:

Great post! This is the first time I've ever heard couples makeup through laughter :) Most couples are proud of the fact that they can have makeup sex. This would be an interesting poll on SkinnyScoop. I think I might just post this question! Thanks for the inspiration.
    My recent post What did BlogHer11 teach you about YOU?

4. Tiffany says:

This is a really good topic! For us, we have to go out and have fun. Miniature golf, bowling, Dave & Busters, etc. Doing stuff like that ALWAYS takes our minds off of whatever else is going on. Most times I even forget what we were fighting about! I can't wait to read more responses!
    My recent post Who's On Your Celebrity Party Bus?

5. Thanks for the funny post. The hard part is often being the one to make the first "makeup" move.
    My recent post Love Takes Time

6. Jennifer says:

Laughter is a great way to smooth most situations–and thanks for the laugh :).
    My recent post At Home Moms and Asian Orange Chicken

7. Allison says:

I am with you on this one.. I can't make up with make up sex.. It doesn't work like that for me. We usually have to finish our conversation, say I'm sorry and move on to the next thing before anything else. I am going to have to try with laughter.. We haven't done that yet… Thanks for the great post! :)

8. Hubby and I don't do make up sex either lol I never find myself in the mood for that when we're arguing. Our way of getting back on track is good food. Our relationship is strangely enough based on food so that's the best way for us.
    My recent post My Quest to Be a Chef

9. Akili says:

No make up sex here, either. Depending on the situation, we have to talk it through and really understand how the other person saw the situation and why we disagreed. And sometimes, yes, we laugh. I definitely love those times! It brings back such great memories!!

10. um, fighting. I am one to be pissed for a LOOONG time. Make up sex is not our thing, but now that I think of it, what is? When the arguing picks up for a few days it is usually me who carries something stupid he did or said on and on. He is quick to get over everything. Maybe I need to work on that?

11. If you have indoor pets of any kind (other than reptiles or fish), they may have brought in the problem. Skin mites are irritating, painful when they bite, and will cause numbness if your body has a problem with their saliva. Wash all of your clothes and bedding. If you have a feather or down pillow you may have to get rid of it. Best Numbing Cream For Tattoos, Numbing Cream For Tattoos, Skin Numbing Cream For Tattoos, Tattoo Removal Numbing Cream, Numbing Cream For Laser Tattoo Removal

12. You'll need to shampoo or steam clean your carpet. The animals will either need to be moved outside or washed with medicated shampoo. There are other types of parasites and certain skin infections that can cause itching, numbness or pain. Watch the areas affected to see if they stay like that or spread. Most of them are visible so it you can't see it, it's not very likely. numbing cream for injections, skin numbing cream for injections, skin numbing cream for needles, buy numbing cream online, buy skin numbing cream

13. vet clinic says:

It is exceptionally fascinating This is the first occasion when i am perused it which gives me alot of data Thank you in particular. I trust it will have numerous perusers. I will return

14. msp hacks says:

Play msp game and generate FREE ,UNLIMITED STAR COINS AND DIAMONDS and unlock higher levels.click msp hacks tool and get this app now.

15. jacob says:

I would call this the magic of making up using laughter. However this may not be easy for everyone to do. We had a fight over removing a tattoo and then went ahead and had a new tattoo to make up.