30 GREAT SUMMER DATES: 8 Reasons to Go to a State Fair Together

state fair meadowlands new jersey sky rideOne of the things The Man and I do to keep the sparks flying is make sure we don’t ever skip date night. Our worlds don’t always collide during the week so we force the quality time whenever we can and we’re almost always glad we did. We know dinner and a movie can get old, so if you need a little inspiration, don’t worry we’ve got your back. Introducing Man Wife and Dog’s new summer series. It’s called 30 Great Summer Dates. We’ll post 30 ideas throughout the summer and hopefully you’ll find one that can work for you and yours.

First up, heading to the state fair. Summer is the season for them, so lookout for one near you. We have a huge one during the first two weeks of July ever year here and The Man and I always make a point to go. The experience is a little different every time (I’m getting a little too old for some of those spin and jerk rides) but we always have fun. Here are 9 reasons you should try it. The first being the photo above! What’s more romantic than a sky ride at night for two?

Reason 2: Funnel Cakes!!!!state fair funnel cake

Reason 3: A little friendly competition!
state fair water race chance game

Reason 4: You’re never too old to have your husband win you a teddy bear – especially when they look this cool.

Reason 5: It makes a great double date, so bring friends!couple eating corn dogs

Reason 6: Rides that make you feel like this!

Reason 7: Corn dogs, sausage hoagies, and other randomness you’d never otherwise eat!

Reason 8: Your husband gets a chance to show off his manliness!

Reason 9: You never know what you might find (‘Big’ laughs anyone?)

This entry was posted in 30 Great Summer Dates, Enjoy Your Marriage, Great Dates. Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to 30 GREAT SUMMER DATES: 8 Reasons to Go to a State Fair Together

1. princessofgeekadonia says:

How funny! I just put this on our list of things to do for the summer. I'm so looking forward to going! #GreatMinds ;)

2. Twitter Bestie says:

Mmm, FUNNEL CAKES!!! Looks like y'all had a blast! :)

3. whatthegraham says:

I'm so glad you're back! Yay!!! We are looking forward to the fair coming to town for the same reasons!
    My recent post Kitchen Update Part #1 & #2…Pantry is complete-ish!

4. Life As Wife says:

Crap now I want a corndog and a funnel cake (a date with the hubby would just be icing on the cake…)

5. Thank, Q says:

Great photos! This is a great post. I'll be tuning in for sure. I can use 29 more tips. LOL! Our state fair isn't rolling around until October. That is probably best for Mississippi since it's 100 degrees here now.
    My recent post Car Wars

6. Woohoo!! Glad to see you back and having a blast! I love state fairs but unfortunately we don't have one close to us. I think it'd be a total blast to ride a ferris wheel at night with the hubs.

We need more date nights but we're so broke it's hard to get out and do much. Coffee at The District at Green Valley Ranch is fun but gets old. Still, we do our best to have fun no matter what.

Thanks for sharing a great time with fun photos!
    My recent post Valley of Fire and Rowdy Photographers

7. TheProDiva says:

It looks like you had a great time! Is this the fair at the Meadowlands in NJ? I agree that date night is a great way to stay connected. I also agree that dinner an a movies can get a little stale. I look forward to the other 29 summer dates!
    My recent post Get Your Credit Score In Check…Part One!

8. Yummy! Funnel cakes! I love the competition and cream puffs at our fair. I think I’m going to love this series.

9. Tiffany says:

Looks like tons of fun! It's great when husband & wife can take a day to act like kids again. Fun, fun, fun! (Did I say fun?)
    My recent post Nostalgic Relationship Tunes

10. SLS says:

Yay for date nights! We went to the amusement park today and between the fatty foods, the thrill rides and the visit to the zoo we were able to really connect. We certainly felt like big kids and the laughter was continuous! Gotta be on the look out for the fair.

11. Charlotte says:

What a great and enjoyable experience… I am happy for you… Hope I can experience it too.

My recent post Fertility And Pregnancy Advice

12. Quiana says:

LOVE LOVE LOVE the Ohio State Fair! Heading there with my almost 1 year old Nia in two weeks for her to enjoy it for the first time. I grew up in Columbus and going to the fair has always been a favorite summertime experience for me. We even have a butter cow at our fair! Hubby didn't understand my obsession (he's from NYC) until he went with me a couple years ago and now he totally gets it (thanks to the turkey legs!). Great post!
    My recent post It's Time? Deciding to Wean

13. rushessaycom says:

Married life is one of the interesting time for the couple and the period of staring marriage is full of romance and love. The traveling moving and facing time done in such way that make like more beautiful.