Meet A Wife Monday: Tara From The Young Mommy Life Stops By

meet a wife monday tara young mommy life

A lot of things inspire me to want to keep my marriage healthy and happy. One of them is meeting other wives who are making it work every day, and loving it! I knew quite a few before I said “I do”, and since Man Wife and Dog Blog was born I’ve met so many more. They’re all so fabulous I want you to meet them too. This week meet parenting blogger Tara from the fabulous and fierce blog The Young Mommy Life!

The Wife: Tara, 25

The Man: TJ, 30

But You Can Call Them: The Jeffersons

How She Snagged Him: “It was love at first sight during college move-in.”

Married Since: 6.9.07

The Kids: Ayanna, 4; Thomas, Jr., 3.

The Pet: “No pets! We’ve already got our hands full with the kids!”

Place They Call Home: “Straight-up Midwesterners! Ohio, baby!”

How She Pays the Bills: Freelance writer, social media strategist, full-time blogger

How He Pays the Bills: Assistant Director of Upward Bound (a pre-college program) at Kent State – our alma mater!

What Makes Her Man Hot: “His Obama-like cool in every situation, his honey brown eyes, and his willingness to think of others first.”

A Wife Highlight: “It’s amazing to be in a relationship where you don’t have to prove anything. I’m his and he’s mine and that’s it. We just love each other.”

A Wife Gripe: “He’s a TV junkie. We gotta get the TV out of the bedroom.”

Marriage Mantra: “We decided early on that our marriage motto was “Whatever it takes.” We’re committed for the long-term so we might as well settle in and get comfy, you know?”

The 2-Year Plan: “He is my biggest supporter as I have started my own consulting business recently. We’re looking forward to growing the business together and achieving even more financial stability. Our kids will also be starting school soon. *sobs*”

Wifey Wisdom: “Whenever you’re having an argument, really narrow down what your problem REALLY is. Don’t make your partner the problem – he’s your teammate. If he loses, you both lose.”

Enjoyed getting to know Tara and her man? Check out her blog any time to follow along with her parenting journey! Visit The Young Mommy Life now and tell her Man Wife and Dog sent you with some comment love!

Want to drop by Meet A Wife Mondays? Contact The Wife to join the lineup. Plus, catch up on past Meet A Wife Monday couples here.

This entry was posted in Married Life, Meet A Wife Mondays and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to Meet A Wife Monday: Tara From The Young Mommy Life Stops By

1. kaneshav says:

I love Tara!! Very cute couple!

2. Alicia says:

What an attractive couple! Love Tara and TJ!
    My recent post How To Be The Ultimate Fashionista

3. integratedmemoirs says:

Beautiful couple, and I love the "Wifey Wisdom."
    My recent post True Love Begins With Yourself

4. Shayla says:

I love Tara…and her family :) – Tara has such a great way with words…love the wisdom that she seems to effortlessly pass down to folks like me! Simply beautiful!

5. Gerri says:

Okay, I totally needed to hear that line: "If he loses, you both lose.” I love Tara's "maybe-you-need-to-check-yourself" attitude about marriage (and I saw your recent post about that, too)! My husband and I are coming up on five years of marriage, so we're a little rusty on some of the basics – ha! :) I love your blog! :)

6. Tiffany says:

Yes, the wifey wisdom is on point!
    My recent post Its Vacation Time!

7. Quiana says:

I'm an Ohio native too! Go Midwest! LOL! Such a cute couple. "Whatever it takes" is an awesome motto =)
    My recent post Movie- The Help

8. I love Tara!! Very cute couple!

9. The success and triumph of every human being and individual is very necessary and vital. It is implemented and grounded for the better and efficient living. The studies and all precepts of the subjects are practiced and coined for the better and productive future.

10. rinta teippi says:

Thanks for this great website. I am trying to read some more posts but I cant get your website to display properly in my website.