Living Room Makeover: The Final Touches, A Recap, And The Big Reveal

our living room makeover wall frame crate and barrel ikea wall art

Remember that living room makeover we embarked at the start of spring? Well, we’re proud to say we’ve finally finished – for now. Over the past few weeks we’ve added the finishing touches, and we can finally kick back and adore what we see when we’re in our living room. If you recall, first we asked you which color we should paint then we painted it together. Next we hit up IKEA and Home Goods looking for affordable accents pieces, made our own DIY centerpieces, and explored the beauty of vinyl wall art.

Well, to complete the room we wound up back at IKEA, where we knew we could count on getting affordable wall frames and lamps. I’m so glad we found what we were looking for on the first try. Check out the latest, and final, additions to our living room below, plus a recap of how far we’ve come in just three short months. Go us – we’re feeling SO good about the new room and the fact that it reflects us both. (A pictorial look back at how we got there, plus a big room reveal after the jump!)

living room wall decor and accents from home goods and ikea

How We Got There (In Photos!)

The Finished Room (Woot, Woot!)

So ladies, what do you think?

This entry was posted in Decor Ideas and Makeovers and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

17 Responses to Living Room Makeover: The Final Touches, A Recap, And The Big Reveal

1. Twitter Bestie says:

2. Very nice!! So clean and neat. I love the wine decor on wall. **Someone** has good taste over at ManWifeandDog. ;) – WW
    My recent post Marriage Mondays- Mowing Up the Wrong Tree…

3. Looks Beautiful!! great photos also! I love the wedding picture.. That is one thing I need to do….
    My recent post I’m sorry little blog

4. Eve says:

Really nice! I love how organized everything looks and how the colors mesh with each other. Lovely. Just lovely. well done!

5. trininista says:

The end result is really nice. Love the warmth and cosiness of it now.
    My recent post The Week That Was

6. Eve says:

My recent post Zucchini Bread and Nature’s Candy

7. Jordan says:

i love the colors – it seems so much more inviting now! can i come over? :)
    My recent post Grace in the small things- 385 – 406

8. whatthegraham says:

It looks great! Isn't fabulous once you actually get a room finished? I mean I'm asking because that's never happened before! :p No really it looks awesome!
    My recent post Weekly Pregnancy Highlights 19 Weeks

9. princessofgeekadonia says:

Love it! So warm and cozy!

10. integratedmemoirs says:

This is wonderful!! Do you want to come and do my living room? J/K (unless you really want to because I'm not that good with decor).
    My recent post Learning About Colorism

11. You both did a great job. The colors are so fresh. This must have been a great project for you two to do together.

12. Quiana says:

Very warm and inviting! Job well done!

13. E Montoute says:

LOVE IT!!! Such attention to detail. Cozy, intimate and personalized…2 thumbs up!!!

14. Style & Poise says:

you have great taste!! Love your place! Now following!

Roni http://www.styleandpoise.blogspot.com

15. Living room is the place that lovers would actually talks, take a rest and have sweet memories. Most of the time, we wanted to have good and in a new look so why not do a make over on it.
    My recent post Personalized Wedding Gift

16. Inspire Me Heather says:

Hi – your living room looks fabulous, you've done a lovely job in there! I've got this linked to my living rooms post too today, well done!

17. I LOVE IT! The lighting is great with the new wall color and decorations. Looks so much brighter! I love that whole corner in the first pic. Great job, Man&Wife!