If Your Marriage Got Pulled Over What Would You Get A Ticket For?

fake speeding ticketSilly analogies are what The Man and I do best. This one came to us in the middle of a commercial break during last night’s playoff game while we were mastering the art of coexisting. We had so much fun calling out our fake “offenses” that I just had to share. Here they are! (Note: We issued these tickets to ourselves!) What would yours be?

His Tickets

Offense: Failure to be romantic on special holidays.
Fine: No great gifts from The Wife on the next one unless he can do better.

Offense: Speeding through the cleaning process and misplacing The Wife’s stuff.
Fine: Supervised cleaning for one month.

My Tickets

Offense: Ignoring hubby stop signs and working too much in the evenings
Fine: Nightly technology ban one hour before work

Offense: Excessive talking during The Man’s me time.
Fine: Mandatory girls only nights (out of the house) every other Friday.

This entry was posted in Married Life, Totally Random and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to If Your Marriage Got Pulled Over What Would You Get A Ticket For?

1. alovelydai says:

Ooh this is a good one:

My offense: Not giving no damns about my car's (really his car) appearance.
    Fine: A full summer of car washes.

His offense: Not listening to me when I tell him to watch out.
    Fine: 2 inch gash on his back (yup happened this morning).
    My recent post The One Where The Hubby Doesnt Listen &amp Injures Himself

2. princessofgeekadonia says:

LOL @ alovelydai (not giving no damns). Too funny!

3. christinacjones says:

I love this!

My offense: Tweeting during our "us" time
    Fine: Twitter ban during designated times!

His offense: Leaving his dirty clothes on the bedroom floor.
    Fine: me NOT picking it up. It will stay there, unwashed, until he takes it to the hamper where it belongs!
    My recent post Lemons to Lemonade

4. @BrothaTech says:

My offense: Not flushing the toilet completely and leaving (what she calls) "presents" behind
    Fine: Bathroom cleanup duty for a month (we have FOUR bathrooms)

Her offense: Touching the car windows with her grubby, makeup-caked hands
    Fine: Taking her own damn car to get washed for a change

DON'T TOUCH THE WINDOWS!!!
    My recent post Square Moves Towards Mobile Wallet Reality with Card Case

5. TheProDiva says:

Hilarious! Let me add one of my own:

His Offense: Not loading the dishwasher when he says he is, even when I said I would do it if he is not going to do it!
    Fine: Me not cooking….that way, there are not dishes…go on ahead to Burger King!
    My recent post NetworkingMy Confession

6. What a cute idea for a blog post! Your GNO fine didn't seem like much of a fine, tho. I think most girls would do the offense to get that one. LOL!

7. NYStateofMom says:

Oh this is great!

His Offense: Dumping his dirty laundry in a corner under everything else.
    Fine: Only doing my and the baby's laundry for a month, He'll stop when the boxers go missing lol.

My Offense: Tweeting and wanting to have the baby with us even during "us" time.
    Fine: Weekly date nights without the little one or convo related to said little one
    My recent post I Almost Clicked the Button

8. Kit says:

His offense: Sitting on his ass watching TV all day while the kids are at school and then suddenly discovering "urgent projects" the minute they get home from school.
    FINE: A Honey Do list that includes specific scheduling

My offense: Asking him to do something and then complaining when he does it "wrong."
    FINE: Doing whatever it is for a week without complaining.
    My recent post Sex Homework- YES- YES- OH GOD YES!

9. What a cute idea for a blog post! Your GNO fine didn't seem like much of a fine, tho. I think most girls would do the offense to get that one. LOL!

10. Careful proofreading must be done after the completion of the research paper. The researcher must read the whole research paper line by line in order to avoid any kinds of mistakes.