Beyonce’s “If I Were A Boy” came on today in my blog soundtrack iTunes rotation and as I sang along to one of my ultimate B-style faves, I thought aloud, “What what I do if I were my husband?” I now feel an ongoing (and long) list coming on. So, I’ll start it here and add to it weekly. Oh boy this is going to be fun!
If I Were My Husband I Would…
1. Stop leaving my pants on the floor and wondering how The Dog wound up wearing Chap Stick to bed.
2. Make my wife go to bed when I get up at 2 a.m. and realize she’s still up blogging.
3. Finally fix the leg of the couch that’s currently being held up by our Pictionary game box.
4. Call my mother a little more often and make her day.
5. Continue to give my wife “writing time” even though I miss her, because it makes her feel happy and supported.
6. Turn the TV off when I’m falling asleep in bed at night since I know my wife can’t sleep with background noise.
7. Set my own alarm clock so I couldn’t blame my exhausted wife when I oversleep because she fell asleep and forgot to do it.
8. Cook my “little bit of everything pasta” at least once a week since my wife loves it so darn much she daydreams about it.
9. Stop telling my wife she can’t keep a secret, even if it is true! LOL!
To be continued…