Dear Husband: I Found An Old Photo Of Us That Made Me Grateful For Us

Dear Man,

You know how I like to hoard photos? Well it’s a good thing I do. Last night I was rummaging through an old bin and found this one. I held it in my hands for awhile and just smiled and smiled. Do you remember when we took this? It was the perfect day. It was such a me and you day. It was my 24th birthday and you took me to the place where we first fell in love. We didn’t plan for much we just planned to be together. We walked around and talked about the view of the city, then had an impromptu lunch at some random restaurant that apparently no one else in the world ever goes to. We weren’t husband and wife then but it was moments like that that made me sure you were the one I would marry. We spent hours just sitting walking around and sitting around and laughing and talking and taking silly photos. It was the least planned birthday we’ve ever shared together but in so many ways probably the most fun. You see that smile on my face? It’s as real as it gets honey! And when I stared at this photo all I could think was you make me just as happy today as you did that day and I have no doubts that we will share many more like it. I love you babe. Thanks for reminiscing with me for a moment!

Couple Hoboken New Jersey Waterfront

XOXO,

The Wife

Enhanced by Zemanta
This entry was posted in Just Us, Letters to My Husband and tagged , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

15 Responses to Dear Husband: I Found An Old Photo Of Us That Made Me Grateful For Us

1. integratedmemoirs says:

Beautiful letter, and equally beautiful photo :)
    My recent post Mama’s Boy

2. buriedwithchildren says:

I love looking at old photos and remembering what was going on back this. A walk down memory lane is always a good thing. :)

3. Shannon says:

Awwww, how sweet!

Makes me want to go back and look at my old photo albums!

4. TRR says:

Totally sweet! It gets me motivated to take more pictures so this kind of thing can happen to me! :-)

5. Ginny Marie says:

I just love remembering the dates my hubby and I took when we were young(er)! It's so fun! Visiting from the SITS Cocktail Hour! :D

6. Lynn says:

This post is too cute! I love love… :o)

My best, Lynn
    My recent post Allergies Much

7. Scather says:

What a beautiful photo – and I loved the wedding details too!

I just found your site on the SITS girls Follow and Be Followed thread – please check out my blog, scathingweekly.blogspot.com – Thanks! ^_^

8. Looking at old photos from when you were dating or first married are a great way to rekindle the romance in a marriage. Last year when I was having a tough time with 4 kids I put a framed picture of me and my husband from when we were dating on my dresser where I could see it when I went to bed and when I woke up. Thanks for reminding me of this.
    Visiting from SITS cocktail.
    My recent post Baby Showers- Bulk Pantry Storage- Gardening- and Routines

9. the Man says:

I LOVE THIS PHOTO OF US HONEY I REMEMBER IT LIKE IT WAS YESTERDAY.WE HAVE TO ALWAYS CAPTURE THESE MOMENTS. LOVE THE MAN

10. Amy says:

That's such a sweet note. Hope you had fun at the SITS cocktail. I did–even though it was an ungodly hour for me. LOL

11. Your blog is adorable – I'm going to add it to my reader right now! And that photo shouldn't be tucked away – it should be out as a regular reminder of that beautiful day.

Thank you for stopping over to comment on my blog. I'm still making the rounds from #cocktail hour, but I've really enjoyed the experience!
    My recent post POW!- Phenomenal Woman

12. wheelchairmommy says:

great background on the picture. you should frame it. it's awesome.

here from sits #cocktail

13. I love looking at old photos and remembering what was going on back this. A walk down memory lane is always a good thing.