black couple in bed choreplay

Now let’s get right to what I know you’re asking yourself right about now: What the heck is “choreplay”? Well, it’s exactly what it sounds like. As I recently read on FitPerez.com, choreplay is “the art of seduction by helping around the house”. It’s a fascinating concept, right? Recent research conducted by a team at the University of Illinois Chicago suggests that “men who help clean, take care of their kids, and do other domestic chores may see the benefits of their labor pay off in the bedroom.” Ladies, do you know what this means? These genius researchers have discovered a cure for the lazy husband! Can’t you just imagine how fast he’ll hustle to help with dishes and laundry if you drop these statistics on him over dinner? No, but seriously, what do we think about this one?

Now, I can’t say this surprises me in the least. The Man handles about 75 percent of the housework in our home and I’m certain that’s one of the many things about him that I love. On our first date I told him I can’t cook and I hate to clean (no kidding, he even joked about it in his vows!) and that he could either take it or leave it because I had a lot to offer just the same and believed wholeheartedly in full disclosure. He took it obviously, and he’s worked hard at getting me to commit to the other 25 percent of our chores, and in return for his willingness to handle the majority of what I hate most, I’ve taken responsibility for managing everything else (think: bill management, grocery shopping, BS errands, etc.). Put simply, my husband helps out around the house tremendously, but I still can’t be sure whether that equals to an instant turn on, for two reasons: 1. He’s been that way since day one and he’s always been hot to me, so I wouldn’t have any other time to compare it to, and 2. Sometimes his obsession with cleaning actually has the opposite effect on me because all I want to do it cuddle and he’s like “just let me finish steaming the floors and take out the trash first babe.” (I mean, what the hell!?!)

So I guess for me the jury’s still out on this one! Ladies, can you confirm or deny these findings? I’m really dying to know what you think!

Enhanced by Zemanta
This entry was posted in Lets Talk About Sex, News and Notes and tagged , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to Wives Tell Your Husbands That Choreplay Turns You On! (A New Study Says it Should!)

1. Johanna says:

Definitely is a turn on! When you have had a rough day and you come home to the trash taken out, the floors swiffered and dinner cooked, its amazing!

2. Summer says:

I've been preaching this to Matt since Day 1. It feeds into my personal philosophy that the wife/mother is the heart of every home and is SHE's happy everyone's happy. Most women see helping out as a sign of love and commitment — pick up a broom, boys! Don't wait for her to ask you — you might be surprised what she's asking for later;)

3. the MRS. says:

My husband is AWESOME!

And he cooks sometimes to boot!

– Celina

4. {JeLisa} @ Blogging Ever After says:

Oh, absolutely!

Choreplay is definitely a turn on – not to mention it ups my respect for my husband and makes me feel loved.
    My recent post Wisdom and Journey Steps

5. Karen says:

When hubs takes out the recycling or sweeps up or puts things away it shows me that he supports my need to have order, thus I'm more likely to feel relaxed and emotionally connected to him. Conversely, I don't cook or bake but I can follow a recipe, so if and when I do cook for a special occasion…I usually get a little action. LOL Cool to have a name for it!
    My recent post Newlywed Finances- Has the Great Recession Been Good for Marriages

6. Adrana says:

I guess I don't pay it any attention because my fiance has always been the cleaner in the house. The kitchen is my designated domain except for major holidays cause I don't do big dinners, but other than that, he's all about keeping the house clean and such. I'm like you I've thought my man was hot since day numero uno!
    My recent post Lose the weight…

7. When I come home the house is usually spotless. I love it. It is so nice to come home and not have to worry about ALL the other stuff. It totally makes feel more free, like being thrown on the bed for a make out session instead of cooking dinner is ok.

8. Man wife and their pet animals like dogs are almost their a complete family. Without their pets they cannot able to consider a complete family. They always want to have beautiful homes to make their life more beautiful.